Connect with us
Mo'Nique Steve harvey Mo'Nique Steve harvey

Entertainment

Steve Harvey and Mo’Nique Had a Heated Debate Over Industry Blackball

mm

Published

on

During a recent episode of Steve, Mo’Nique was invited to discuss her experience of being blackballed in the entertainment industy. Instead of hearing the comedienne out, the two butted heads as she attempted to share her stance and detail her continued fight for pay equity.

Opening the conversation by saying she had “been a problem,” Steve inquired about why Mo’Nique believed she had been labeled as difficult and wondered if she saw that changing. Now four years into her very public fight for pay equity after her 2010 Oscar win, the actress is not shy about calling out the facilitators of her industry blackball. Naming Lee Daniels, Oprah Winfrey, and Tyler Perry as responsible for perpetuating the rumor that she is difficult to work with, Mo says she and her husband were cast out because she refused the wrong people.

“I said “No” to some powerful people”

Stating that she had denied those in powerful positions, Mo’Nique called out the lack of support for her crusade after many acknowledged publicly that she was not in the wrong. Cutting Mo’Nique off, Steve chimed in that he believed she should have gone about things differently if she wanted to win in the long run.

While Steve’s decision to side with respectability politics comes as no surprise, it is still disappointing. The conversation surrounding Mo’Nique’s employability cannot be had without considering race, gender, and fat-phobia in Hollywood. Adding insult to injury, Steve tells Mo that she didn’t provide clear instruction on how to support her following her call for a boycott of Netflix. He then said she should have made herself more palatable for the entertainment industry by playing the game for money instead maintaining her integrity.

Comments

comments

Entertainment

“Shoot on Sight”: NYPD Inspector Threatened 50 Cent

mm

Published

on

50 Cent Emanuel Gonzalez

Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez is now under investigation following reports that he allegedly told officers to shoot 50 cent on sight during roll call.

On the morning of February 17th, 50 Cent took to Twitter to share news of the threat he received from the NYPD inspector. Employed at the 72nd Precinct in Sunset Park, the Deputy told officers June 7th of 2018 to shoot the rapper on sight when he was expected to attend an NYPD sanctioned boxing event.

NYPD officials have now confirmed that after the Daily News report of the threat emerged, a full investigation is underway. The threat on 50 Cent’s life was made when he was expected to be in the Bronx. Astounded by the lack of corruption within for force, Curtis “50 Cent” James Jackson III plans to pursue legal action and is consulting with his team to review his options

Although the news of a threat on his life is disconcerting, 50 wants fans to remember “there are some good people working in Law Enforcement. Like the officers that reported what he said to them.” He then called Emanuel Gonzalez a “gangsta with a badge,” and questioned his employment as a commanding officer.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Entertainment

2 Male Suspects Questioned in Jussie Smollett Case Released Without Charges

mm

Published

on

The 2 Nigerian men who were suspects in Jussie Smollett’s attack in Chicago have no been released. News dropped yesterday of the 2 men who have some close ties with Jussie. In the picture below you can see Lee Daniels the creator of the hit show ‘Empire’ in the picture with Ola Osundairoe on set. It was also being reported that Jussie worked out with them.

The 2 were charged with battery Friday and have now been released without any charges. Chief Communications Officer of the Chicago Police Department Anthony Gugliemi tweeted, “Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”

The attorney for Abel and Ola Osundairo had this to say about the case.

Media outlets are reporting that Jussie has now hired high-powered attorney Michael Monico if that name doesn’t ring a bell this will. Monico represented Michael Cohen who was President’s Trump’s former attorney.

Of course, you know this story is developing and we will keep you updated as new details emerge.

What do you think?

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Police Questioning Two Suspects in Jussie Smollett Case

mm

Published

on

Jussie Smollett

Police have identified two Nigerian men as suspects in Jussie Smollett’s case. The men have been questioned in the attack on the “Empire” star and have been arrested on probable cause.

Identified as brothers, the two men have been questioned by police in Chicago following their arrival from Nigeria. The suspects were apprehended at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on Wednesday after authorities learned one of them was connected to “Empire.” Following the Chicago Police receiving and executing a search warrant, authorities are not disclosing what was found within the shared apartment.

In a statement provided to Associated Press by Anthony Guglielmi, Chief Communications Officer of the Chicago PD, there was emphasis placed on the nature of the suspects arrest. At this time, both persons have been arrested for probable cause alone.

Breaking the Silence

For the first time since the January 29th attack, Jussie Smollett has sat down for an interview. Robin Roberts of Good Morning America inquired about what happened that fateful evening and how Jussie was responding to those who doubt his claims. Jussie took the opportunity to share what happened during the attack, clear up what his assailants said while assaulting him, and added his manager was on the phone the entire time.

When it comes to what his attackers looked like, Jussie says, “I can’t tell you what color their eyes were” as their appearance was obstructed by ski masks. He provided a body description to officers and noted that he only saw them completely as they were running away. Robin then asked if Jussie believed the men in the photo were his attackers and he said, “I don’t have any doubt in my mind that’s them.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending