Connect with us

Entertainment

Is Kandi Trying to Cover Up Not Paying Ex-Employee?

mm

Published

on

Ms. Boss Lady herself seems to be trying to set up her own scheme! Lol Well, not a scheme that Todd set up but it might be some other bs. The Jasmine Brand is reporting that Kandi Burrus is trying to keep court documents sealed about her settling a lawsuit with her ex-employee Johnnie Winston III. You remember him? Probably not.

Last season on Real Housewives of Atlanta Johnni Winston III went to Phaedra Parks for legal advice on pursuing legal action against Kandi.

It was reported that he was suing his former boss for $168,000, he allegedly worked for Kandi from August 2013 until February of 2016 and was let go. Johnnie claims he sometimes worked over 40 hours a week with no overtime pay and was never compensated.

In an exclusive obtained by The Jasmine Brand Kandi says her reputation is on the line and she needs the documents to remain sealed!

Kandi says there is a real threat to her professional reputation and business interests if the settlement is made public, pointing out the lawsuit has already caused not only embarrassment and defamatory statements to be written about her as a businesswoman, but it has caused business and economic harm. Kandi explains she has been labeled “Boss from Hell” as a result of the litigation. via The Jasmine Brand

Ms. Burruss-Tucker’s business and professional reputation should not suffer here simply based on Burruss-Tucker’s celebrity status because the Parties’ have found that settling the matter will be less of a nuisance and drain on personal, and the Court’s resources, than continued litigation.

 

Does Kandi not remember when she was being petty last year to him? Roll the footage.

 

So far the judge has not made a decision but we will keep you updated.

 

But it seems as though Johnnie is happy about something.

 

 

Do you think the documents should be sealed or should we get a peep into how Kandi allegedly pays or doesn’t pay her employees?

Comments

comments

Entertainment

Chadwick Boseman Passes Away At 43

Published

on

Actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role as King T’Challa in the box office smash “Black Panther” passed away from colon cancer Friday.

The actor was first diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in 2016, but remained active in his career with much of his work being released post-diagnosis. A statement from his family confirmed that he continued to work despite his cancer progressing, befitting a man who brought America’s first Black superhero to the silver screen. 

As the news of the actor’s death spread, many took to social media to share their condolences. 

The tributes continue to flood in as news of his passing continues to ripple through. Read the official statement from his family below.

“It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman.

Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016, and battled with it these last 4 years as it progressed to stage IV.

A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much. From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more, all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy.

It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther. 

He died in his home, with his wife and family by his side.

The family thanks you for your love and prayers, and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Entertainment

When White Privilege Isn’t Enough to Get Into USC: Lori Loughlin Sentenced to 2 Months in Prison

mm

Published

on

Actress Lori Loughlin was sentenced to two months in prison today for her role in the college admissions scandal. If you haven’t followed the 10-month-long saga, Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli, a fashion designer, plead not guilty to a bribery charge in a college admission scam back in 2019… Because white privilege just isn’t what it used to be.

The two later plead guilty to paying William Rick Singer, the mastermind, $500,000 to guarantee their two daughters a spot at the University of South Carolina.

Loughlin’s sentence came several hours after her husband’s five-month sentence. According to the US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, Giannulli’s five-month sentence also came with a whopping fine of $250,000 and 250 hours of community service.

“[Giannulli] engaged more frequently with Singer, directed the bribe payments to USC and Singer, and personally confronted his daughter’s high school counselor to prevent the scheme from being discovered, brazenly lying about his daughter’s athletic abilities,” US Attorney Andrew Lelling of Massachusetts said in the memo released on Tuesday. “Loughlin took a less active role, but was nonetheless fully complicit, eagerly enlisting Singer for a second time for her younger daughter, and coaching her daughter not to ‘say too much’ to her high school’s legitimate college counselor, lest he caught on to their [fradulent activity].

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Megan Thee Stallion Confirms Tory Lanez is the Assailant, in Shooting Incident, “Yes, you shot me.” [VIDEO]

mm

Published

on

Tonight, the Texas hot girl, Megan thee Stallion, dropped the bomb, naming Tory Lanez as the assailant in the alleged shooting. 

“Yes, you shot me” the “Savage” rapper said on Instagram live. “And you got your publicist going to the blogs lying and shit.”

“I tried to keep this off this internet, but you tried it” she said before recounting the moment that he shot her. “I was walking away.” 

Earlier TMZ reported that The L.A County D.A’s Office is considering filing assault charges against Tory Lanez for the alleged shooting. 

With Megan’s broken silence and the incident being investigated, Tory may face jail time.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending